In February, Christian and I headed off to St. Maarten for a few days for his President's Club trip. It was a fantastic time, and we had an incredible time just relaxing and spending some quality time together. Our favorite experience was racing on one of the original America's Cup "Stars and Stripes" - (see if you can pick us out in the picture - hint: my hair is NOT really this oran
ge in real life!) And, if you ever get a chance to go to St. Maarten, make sure you do this, even if you aren't a sailor! It was tons of fun!
ge in real life!) And, if you ever get a chance to go to St. Maarten, make sure you do this, even if you aren't a sailor! It was tons of fun!I'm sure most of you know already that at the beginning of April, Christian and I were thrilled to find out we were expecting again. From the start, though, I just felt as though something was
'off', and unfortunately, at 7weeks, we found out that my intuition was right - I had had a missed miscarriage: the baby stopped developing at 5w3d, but my body hadn't quite figured it out yet. Christian was wonderful and was there to support me through the D&C, and all of the horrific emotional ups and downs that come
along with a miscarriage. (Thank you, baby!) He didn't even flinch, just went to Lowe's and picked up the paint for me when I decided the day after the D&C that the most therapuetic thing for me to do would be to design and paint Brennan's playroom. So, (poor thing!) he got kicked out of what was his office, moved it all downstairs, and let me lock myself in a room to cry and paint (which is the best way I cope with things). Despite the origin, we love the results, and we think Brennan likes them, too.
June arrived, along with our baby's first birthday! It's so hard to believe that she is already a
We spent some time during the summer hanging out at Prestonwood, which we joined this year (thank you, SAS!) so that the munchkin
would be able to go to a pool, and in later years, so she can join the swim team (like her mommy so many years ago). She loves the water, and just hanging out with her daddy (of course - she is a total Daddy's girl!!)
AND, also in June, my husband made one of dreams come true...FINALLY, after 20 years...I
SAW DURAN DURAN IN CONCERT! It was as awesome as I had always dreamed it would be - the boys were fantastic, and my wonderful husband coughed up $50 (gasp! choke!) for a concert T-shirt for me, too. I am a lucky, lucky woman!
SAW DURAN DURAN IN CONCERT! It was as awesome as I had always dreamed it would be - the boys were fantastic, and my wonderful husband coughed up $50 (gasp! choke!) for a concert T-shirt for me, too. I am a lucky, lucky woman! In July (July 4th weekend, in fact), Brennan took her first steps and well...just took off! We've been chasing after her since. In August, Christian and I went on our (belated) honeymoon, and
drove down to FL to leave Brennan with Sassy & Rocco and we left on a 7 day carribean cruise. It was absolute heaven, and we had a great time just relaxing and spending time together. Unfortunately, our internal clocks never allowed us the luxury of sleeping in too late, but it we did a lot of napping, drinking and (of course - it was a cruise!) eating.
drove down to FL to leave Brennan with Sassy & Rocco and we left on a 7 day carribean cruise. It was absolute heaven, and we had a great time just relaxing and spending time together. Unfortunately, our internal clocks never allowed us the luxury of sleeping in too late, but it we did a lot of napping, drinking and (of course - it was a cruise!) eating. In September, Christian and I took off for FL on a flying trip for the weekend to complete what we had been planning since February with Casey and Lucy (my brother and sister in law): a surprise 40th Anniversary party for my parents. It was wonderful, and they were totally surprised and shocked, and it was so much fun! Thank you to all the family and friends that traveled so far to be there for it - I will post pictures as soon as I have some!
Christian, Brennan and I are thrilled to introduce the newest addition to the Perry clan: Baby Perry 2 AKA "Monkey". The baby is due on April 26th - (right in the middle of Christian's next President's Club trip to Puerto Rico - BOO! :( ) But, we are thrilled to be expecting again! I'm now almost 13 weeks, and we apologize for keeping this a secret for so long, but...well, I'm sure you understand, given our history.
And, since I've included a picture of our newest addition, I can't leave you without a recent picture of our baby girl - these are the proofs from her latest school pictures. We can't believe
how big she's gotten, and how she now has such a little personality! She loves Elmo, Baby Einstein (don't worry - she's only allowed a 1/2 hour a day!), playing outside, and her "B!" (Bear). She already has quite the vocabulary, too - flower, food, treat, monkey, lion (well, actually, she calls it a ROAR ROAR), fish...and there are so many new words that she learns everyday. We're really excited for her first 'official' Halloween coming up, and we have plans to hit the pumpkin patch this weekend to pick out her first jack-o-lantern. Again, it's just crazy how time flies...
how big she's gotten, and how she now has such a little personality! She loves Elmo, Baby Einstein (don't worry - she's only allowed a 1/2 hour a day!), playing outside, and her "B!" (Bear). She already has quite the vocabulary, too - flower, food, treat, monkey, lion (well, actually, she calls it a ROAR ROAR), fish...and there are so many new words that she learns everyday. We're really excited for her first 'official' Halloween coming up, and we have plans to hit the pumpkin patch this weekend to pick out her first jack-o-lantern. Again, it's just crazy how time flies...We hope everyone is doing well, and please drop us a line and let us know how it's going! We'd love to hear from you - or see you, too!
Until next time...
Much love,
Kristen





No comments:
Post a Comment