Friday, October 24, 2008

Blog List & Renewed Faith

Some of you may be wondering about the Blog Watch list, and how and why I have these blogs listed.

Well, K&Company is an easy one - it's my best friend's blog about her family life. Despite the fact that we work down the hall from one another, phone each other almost daily on the way to work (even though we'll see each other in the next 10 mins), and usually lunch together almost every day, I like to keep in touch with what's going on with her and her family. ; )

The other two may seem a little more complicated. So let me start from the beginning.

When I miscarried in April, I was truly unprepared for the level of devastation it brought, and my inability to quickly move past what had happened. It's a crazy little thing about that little second blue line and biology. The moment that second line appeared on that test, I was carrying a baby - our second child - regardless of what google told me about it being just a lump of rapidly dividing cells. Anyway, I digress.

I went into myself with grief and confusion. Poor Christian, my family and friends. They didn't know quite what to make of me. Truth is, I didn't know what to make of me, myself. I couldn't understand why it was so difficult - I mean, 1 in 4 women who become pregnant will miscarry. Some studies even cite that the liklihood of miscarriage in the first 8 weeks is actually upwards of 50%. Why couldn't I deal?? So, I went back to the online board that I had frequented when I was pregnant with Brennan, and found a forum for Pregnancy Loss, and then Trying to Conceive After a Loss.

Maybe it's the anonymity that fosters such candor, brutal honesty and raw emotion. Regardless of what it was, that board became an outlet for me to vent all of my frustration, anger, confusion and hurt at everything that was going on - all while staying safely anonymous. We were sisters of sorts - a part of a very painful, no-one-should-ever-have-to-be-a-member-of club, and we were free to express ourselves the way many of us felt that we couldn't IRL ("in real life", as we referred to it). It was there on that board that I "met" Stacy: a miscarriage survivor, too, pregnant again with a baby boy, and writer of "He Will Carry Me." I will tell you that her faith in God awed me, as I walked with her via the blog through her pregnancy with Issac. I think it's important to say that if you choose to read her blog, please be prepared. It is beautiful, candid, but heart-wrenching - but in its truest form, it is a true testament to God's love and grace, and one woman's unwavering faith.

Stacy's blog led me to Angie's blog - "Bring the Rain". Angie is the wife of Todd Smith of Selah fame (Christian band). Angie has such a gift for making you laugh in the midst of what are powerful lessons in God's love. Her honesty about her own daily struggles with her faith, anxieties and motherhood is refreshing on those days when you feel like you don't quite have it all together, either. She is really one of those that you wish she lived just down the road, so you could meet her and just hang out with a glass of wine.
Both blogs have similar stories, but again, are truly awesome and inspiring. I have been inspired by both women, and their faith. Their blogs are, to me, a daily reminder of my faith, and God's love for me, in spite of it all. If you choose to go over to either (or both) to read, I hope that they resonate and bless you as much as they have blessed me.

So, that's the story of the blog list origin.

Love,
Kristen

No comments: